Things to do near Estancia Serenova
Discover the history
Saint Helens was the first port town on Columbia River. Saint Helens Historic Downtown District is recognized by the U.S. National Park Service and is notable for small antique shops and charming architectures. The small downtown Saint Helens and the central business district along Columbia Boulevard are walkable. There is also a historical museum inside the Columbia County Courthouse.
While it is a small town, Saint Helens has a few shops along Columbia Boulevard and South First Street.
Saint Helens and Scappoose have a handful of great restaurants featuring a wide variety of cuisines.
- SunShine Pizza
- Noi's Thai Kitchen
- Happy Garden Chinese Restaurant
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
- Dockside Steak & Pasta
- Klondike Restaurant & Bar
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food
- Tea Time
- Simm's Oriental Cuisine (Laotian)
- Fultano's Pizza
Take in nature and parks
- Columbia Botanical Gardens
- McCormick Park
- Columbia View Park
- Sand Island Marine Park (you need to have a boat to get there)
- Waterfront Park
- Rutherford Parkway is a multimodal path that links Saint Helens to Columbia City, and is perfect for bicycling or walking.
- Pixie Park in Columbia City is a quiet beach with a great view of the Mount Saint Helens and the Cascades.
- Crown Zellerbach Trail runs from the Columbia River to Vernonia through the city of Scappoose.
- Sauvie Island public beaches include the famous Collins Beach (often referred to by locals as "the nudist beach") as well as the more family-friendly Walton Beach.
- Golfing at Saint Helens Golf Club in Warren (a few miles south of Saint Helens)
- Disc golf courses at McCormick Park (downtown Saint Helens) and at Yankton Community Fellowship (2.5 miles east from Estancia Serenova)
- Archery at Bushmen Archers (1 mile east from Estancia Serenova; membership may be required.)
- Fishing at Salmonberry Reservoir (5 miles west from Estancia Serenova)
- Kayaking and paddling at Scappoose Bay Paddling Center in Warren; guided kayak tours of wildlife are also available through the Scappoose Bay Paddling Center.
- Columbia County Oregon Survival Guide -- A growing Wiki-style information source.
- Keep It Local Columbia County -- A listing of local businesses, attractions, and events, created by the Columbia County Business Alliance.
- Travel Oregon Bicycling
- Columbia County Rider -- Intercity public transit service funded by Columbia County and is operated by MTR Western.
- South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce
- Yelp: Saint Helens, Oregon