We're your Pacific Northwest experience hub!
Here at Estancia Serenova, we strive to offer the best of the Pacific Northwest and what makes this region special: its artsy and crafty culture, its natural splendor, the diversity of terrains, and its rich history.
We’re strategically located within a two-hour drive of most tourist destinations of Portland, Oregon Coast, Southwest Washington, and even the southern edge of the Olympic Peninsula (see map above). Within this two-hour radius, you will enjoy the dynamic cultural scenes of Portland and Olympia, the charms of smaller historic cities such as Astoria and Hood River, shop at outlet malls in Woodburn, Troutdale, and Centralia, enjoy hiking in the Forest Park, visit Mount Hood and Mount Saint Helens, stroll on the vast beaches of Oregon and Washington, and make a day of fun with your friends at the ilani or Spirit Mountain casinos.
After each day of excitement and discoveries, you will rest very well in our beautiful retreat safely nestled in the arms of the forests and under a starry sky.
This is a true Pacific Northwest experience hub.
Come together. Come alive.
Things to do in Northwest Oregon near Estancia Serenova
Discover the history
Saint Helens was the first port town on Columbia River. Saint Helens Historic Downtown District is recognized by the U.S. National Park Service and is notable for small antique shops and charming architectures. The small downtown Saint Helens and the central business district along Columbia Boulevard are walkable. There is also a historical museum inside the Columbia County Courthouse.
While it is a small town, Saint Helens has a few shops along Columbia Boulevard and South First Street.
Saint Helens and Scappoose have a handful of great restaurants featuring a wide variety of cuisines.
- SunShine Pizza
- Noi's Thai Kitchen
- Happy Garden Chinese Restaurant
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
- Dockside Steak & Pasta
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food
- Tea Time
- Simm's Oriental Cuisine (Laotian)
- Fultano's Pizza
Take in nature and parks
- Columbia Botanical Gardens
- McCormick Park
- Columbia View Park
- Sand Island Marine Park (you need to have a boat to get there)
- Waterfront Park
- Rutherford Parkway is a multimodal path that links Saint Helens to Columbia City, and is perfect for bicycling or walking.
- Pixie Park in Columbia City is a quiet beach with a great view of the Mount Saint Helens and the Cascades.
- Crown Zellerbach Trail runs from the Columbia River to Vernonia through the city of Scappoose.
- Sauvie Island public beaches include the famous Collins Beach (often referred to by locals as "the nudist beach") as well as the more family-friendly Walton Beach.
- Golfing at Saint Helens Golf Club in Warren (a few miles south of Saint Helens)
- Disc golf courses at McCormick Park (downtown Saint Helens) and at Yankton Community Fellowship (2.5 miles east from Estancia Serenova)
- Archery at Bushmen Archers (1 mile east from Estancia Serenova; membership may be required.)
- Fishing at Salmonberry Reservoir (5 miles west from Estancia Serenova)
- Kayaking and paddling at Scappoose Bay Paddling Center in Warren; guided kayak tours of wildlife are also available through the Scappoose Bay Paddling Center.
- Columbia County Oregon Survival Guide -- A growing Wiki-style information source.
- Keep It Local Columbia County -- A listing of local businesses, attractions, and events, created by the Columbia County Business Alliance.
- Travel Oregon Bicycling
- Columbia County Rider -- Intercity public transit service funded by Columbia County and is operated by MTR Western.
- South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce
- Yelp: Saint Helens, Oregon