Use your favorite map
32180 Pittsburg Road, Yankton (Saint Helens), Oregon
How to get here
Estancia Serenova is located in the quiet countryside neighborhood called Happy Hollow in the village of Yankton. We are approximately six miles northwest of Saint Helens Highway 30 business district, in Columbia County, Oregon. We are generally within one hour of driving from the Portland International Airport and approximately 2.5 hours from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
iPhone users beware
We have been receiving reports from our visitors that the iPhone's driving direction system has a problem locating our retreat center address and several people have gotten lost at the Yankton Store, 2 miles away. If you rely on an iPhone or if your mobile service carrier is anything other than Verizon (or any carrier that piggybacks on Verizon), please write down the following directions from Highway 30 (Lower Columbia River Highway):
- Start at Highway 30 (US-30, Lower Columbia River Highway/South Columbia River Highway) at Gable Road (Starbucks, Walmart, etc.)
- Drive one block north and turn left at Sykes Road (Burgerville).
- Drive west on Sykes Road and turn right at Barr Avenue (approximately 0.9 mile).
- Go straight uphill on Barr Avenue until the end, where you will be at Pittsburg Road (approximately 0.4 mile). Turn left.
- Follow Pittsburg Road westbound, you will cross a bridge, and then you will see a large field on both sides. Keep straight, go past the church called Yankton Community Fellowship, and go past the Yankton Store (a red general store to the left side of the street) (approximately 2.4 miles).
- Shortly after the Yankton Store, you will see a small red school house called Yankton Arthur Academy. At the intersection in front of the school, turn right. Pittsburg Road continues to the right.
- Go north on Pittsburg Road for about one mile until the road splits into Gensman Road (straight) and Pittsburg Road (left). Turn left.
- Drive another one mile from the split. You will see a large green sign with a number "32180" attached to a tree. Take the gate in front of this tree, to the left.
- Follow the narrow gravel road, cross a small bridge, and you will find us.
Train and bus: Both Amtrak Cascades and Coast Starlight trains make stops at Kelso-Longview and Portland Union Station. Columbia County Rider offers several trips every day from the downtown Portland Hilton Hotel and from the Union Station (Greyhound and Amtrak). Each trip from Portland to downtown Saint Helens costs $6. Alternately, you may also ride the CC Rider bus route 5 from the Kelso-Longview Amtrak station, transfer to route 7 at Rainier Transit Center (total fare $8 each way, takes about an hour and a half; be sure to ask the route 5 driver for a transfer ticket to Saint Helens), and deboard at the Saint Helens Transit Center. Pick-up from downtown Saint Helens may be arranged in advance.
- Google Transit Planner -- This convenient trip planning service gathers the current schedules from participating transit agencies including CC Rider, Sunset Empire Transportation District, Tillamook County Transportation District, TriMet, Portland Streetcar, C-TRAN, SMART, Cherriots, Sandy Area Metro, Mt. Hood Express, South Clackamas Transportation District, Canby Area Transit, RiverCities Transit, Amtrak, POINT, and many others. It even calculates your total fares! Note: If you set "32180 Pittsburg Road" as a destination, you may get an error saying there is no service available. Enter "Rite Aid, Saint Helens, OR" or "CC Rider Transit Center" instead.
Bicycling: Columbia County is popular among bicyclists. Highway 30 (Columbia River Highway) has wide bike lanes between Northwest Portland and Saint Helens. We are located not far from typical bicycling routes between Highway 30 and Vernonia or Oregon Coast. Caution is advised on Pittsburg Road (especially between Yankton Arthur Academy and Gensman Road with non-existent shoulders) as it is a winding country road with high speed limits.
- Open Cycle Map - topographic map and bicycling infrastructures